Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Daniel

Daniel belonged to the woman who became my wife, and later became my ex-wife. He was an SPCA cat, rescued by my ex at the age of two (Daniel, not my ex).
He was a little skittish and nervous of strangers, but we took to each other instantly.
My ex described Daniel as neurotic, but he was also one of those cats who tried to always maintain his dignity, even when any chance of it had long since vanished.
He had small paws. He slept curled up in ball. He would ignore toy mice, but occasionly he would surprise everyone by finding one and going crazy with it for hour or longer -- until he realized that he was the centre of attention. Then he would drop the mouse and try to deny everything.
He lived a long happy life, and he is missed by all who knew him.




Here's Daniel and Linus together. It's Linus's first moving day, although neither cat seem very pleased.


A rare photo of Linus, Cheyenne and Daniel (and yours truly).

No comments: